Tuesday 28 November 2006

Dalhousie Castle, Part 2

The cab snaked its way up the drive towards the castle, which looked even more impressive now that darkness held it in its eerie grasp! The huge towers lit by powerful spotlights to extenuate the castle’s overpowering hold over the surrounding woodlands.

We entered and made our way up the stone staircase to once again take our seats in front of the now dying fire.

A very friendly night porter arrived in the bar soon after us and, taking drinks orders made his way to the small bar area to serve us.

Time to dissect the latest “chefs eats out” dinner! After a little debate and another round of drinks it was time to retire for the night.

Making my way up the endless staircase to my room was a daunting task after the vast quantity of alcohol that had now passed my lips! Entering the room I made my way to my huge, sumptuous four-poster bed, undressing I turned my attention to extinguishing the room lights. Now to say I have never experienced real darkness is somewhat of an understatement having now experienced the endless darkness that devoured me on turning off the room lights at Dalhousie Castle! If you want to relax and have a well-earned lie in without dawn drawing you from a deep sleep then this is the retreat for you! I am sure that mid-day sun on a perfect July day would not succeed overpowering the heavy curtains that donned the windows here at the castle. A good nights sleep lay before me and I could not wait to get started!

Night all……….

No comments: